Invest in NZ assets rather than overseas ones? Is that wise?
– Which is better for you — NZ or international investing?
– Which is better for New Zealand as a whole?
– How to invest internationally
– How to tell if your KiwiSaver fund is mostly NZ assets — not easy
– Government KiwiSaver contributions to over 65s wouldn’t work, or be fair
– How reader with cancer could set up her savings
– Over how long should you drip-feed a lump sum into an investment?
– Is weekly drip-feeding better than monthly?
– I suggest reader takes rental property off the market …
– … but she’s sold it! Don’t put proceeds into another rental
– Should out-of-work couple keep contributing to KiwiSaver?
– Why I worry about the share market recovery
– A way for special needs daughter to gain more financial flexibility
– How to decide which mortgage term to go for
– Best choice for employee who effectively pays his own KiwiSaver employer contributions
– How to improve your chances of being answered in this column
– Where to put your money if you’ve lost faith in all financial assets
– Why being in a balanced fund isn’t always equal to being in both low- and high-risk funds
– Suggestion for last week’s couple unable to buy a home because of his parents’ mortgage
– Tax on PIEs and uneven tax burden
– How to make use of new info on KiwiSaver statements
– Help abounds for young man who helped parents get a mortgage
– My tax info not good enough for accountant
– How to tell how strong your bank is
– Can you be in more than one Simplicity fund?
– House buying plan depends on two impossible forecasts
– Put most of savings into house deposit
– Young man loses house deposit in receivership
– Divorced woman, 59, should put most money into new home
– Am I helping the big guys at the expense of small investors?
– Why you might want to be in more than one of your provider’s KiwiSaver funds
– Tax on KiwiSaver and other funds is gentle
– Limit buys can work well when buying shares
– Investing versus paying down mortgage in low-rate environment …
– … and taking diversification into account
– Be in KiwiSaver as well as making extra mortgage payments
– Take mortgage “holiday” or spend savings?
– Who’s right about fund choice — husband or wife or neither?
– Which bank products are subject to haircut if bank fails?
– What about government bonds, Bonus Bonds and safe deposit boxes?
– Halt to dividend payments should strengthen banks
– ETF tax problem no big deal
– It’s great to continue contributions to KiwiSaver and other funds in down markets
– Don’t assume gloom will continue — and a look at past recoveries
– Drip feeding not quite so good with lump sums
– Reader regrets panic move out of KiwiSaver — and how to follow share trends
– Many more people are buying shares
– Should self-employed use up savings before asking for government help?
– Index funds not at a disadvantage in market downturn
– How can index funds beat the market?
– Which index for an index fund?
– Any time is fine for switching KiwiSaver provider